The summer months can be some of the busiest and most important months when it comes to school cleaning. To ensure your custodial team is productive summer school and to help simplify the process, share these top ten recommendations.
1. Prepare a written plan as to who will tackle which projects and when.
2. Divide and conquer. Big summer cleanup projects usually involve floor care; before doing any floor-care work, divide the facility into different categories. Such as those that will be stripped/refinished, those that will only be scrubbed, and those that need only detail cleaning.
3. Clean up those closets. Go through janitorial closets and properly discard any chemicals or other products that have expired. Typically, chemicals should never be stored for more than one year.
4. Go green. Start making the shift to go Green. Special green cleaning training may be required during this transition, and summer break can provide that extra time.
5. Get Equipped. Evaluate all of your cleaning equipment; determine which machines are running properly, which need servicing, and which should be replaced.