Around the workplace you hear the coughing and sneezing throughout the office and a box of tissues and sanitizer bottles placed near computer keyboards. Keep in mind, that cold and flu season runs from November through April and spreads readily when people are indoors from person to person and surface to surface within the workplace.
According to the CDC, people are most contagious during the first 2-3 days of contracting a cold, and almost immediately up to 5 days after being infected with the flu.
Here are a few suggestions to prevent the spread of cold and flu virus’s at work: We also encourage you to watch our video below!
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with hand soap several times throughout the day and sanitize with with an alcohol based hand sanitizer, especially following contact with potentially contaminated surfaces
- Handshakes of others
- Door handles, ((including microwave coffee pots and refrigerators)
- Copy machine buttons, keyboards, phones
- Desks, countertops, food prep areas
- Shared books or other office materials
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a cold or the flu
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue, throw it away and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your sleeve rather than your hands.
Cleaning and sanitizing surfaces with BetONE™ Disinfectant wipes offers one step cleaning and disinfecting while killing pathogens, virus’s and bacteria within ONE minute!
Krysten Comperchio is a Product Manager for Skin Care and Education at Betco Corporation. During her spare time, Krysten enjoys yoga, running and keeping up on current events. Click here to contact Krysten directly.